Age: 1.8 To 2.8 Years
During the early learning years, children learn new meanings and connect to the things and people around them. Also, at this time, they begin to develop social skills by learning to play alongside their peers.
Our curriculum is one that facilitates this through storytelling, pretend play, songs, art and music. We strongly believe in the provision of sensorial activities for our young children to stimulate their senses, helping them to develop cognitively, linguistically, socially, emotionally, physically and creatively.
The themes are selected based on topics that are meaningful and close to children’s hearts, with experiences for them to explore the world around them. Teachers provide ample opportunities for children to express themselves making them feel safe and comfortable in the school environment. Carefully structured, the Playgroup Curriculum ensures that the children under our care undergo a seamless and smooth transition in their early years.
Age: 2.8 To 3.5 Years
The nursery years are a crucial stage for your child, as beginning from Nursery, what your child has learnt in playgroup will gain momentum as he/she acquires further development of language, communication and vocabulary. At this level, children will be immersed in an environment that cultivates learning through exploration, sensory and tangible stimulations.
The nursery program is crafted around the age appropriate needs and skill sets of the child. This encourages his/her overall development by offering a stimulating environment that combines learning and play. During the nursery years, your child will be introduced to numbers, sounds and letters of the alphabet, as well as books and reading.
K1 and K2
Age: 3.6 to 4.5 years and
4.6 to 5.5 years
Crayons brings to you a global Curriculum, well researched and designed by educationists and researchers. Our curriculum restructures learning philosophies in order to align with the needs of the rapidly changing 21st century.
Our methods of imparting knowledge are global in nature and inquisitive for our children. Some of the methods/approach include –
Inquiry based learning –Crayons follows Inquiry-based learning in a form of active learning that starts by posing questions, problems or scenarios-rather than simply presenting established facts or portraying a smooth path to knowledge.
Reggio Emilia approach- The Reggio Emilia Approach emphasises on hands-on discovery learning that allows the child to use all their senses and all their languages to learn. At its core is an assumption that children form their own personality during early years of development and are endowed with “a hundred languages”, through which they can express their ideas. The aim of the Reggio approach is to teach how to use these symbolic languages (e.g., painting, sculpting, drama, dance and movement, modelling and music) in everyday life.
About the course
The Nursery Teacher Training Programme is an initiative by Crayons Academy for Child Care and Education and is affiliated to All India Institute of Child Care and Education, New Delhi.
The program aims to acquaint a trainee teacher with the fundamentals of child development in the early years, 0-6 years. It provides theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of principles of early childhood education, based on child development. It will enable student teachers to acquire attitudes, skills, insights and techniques necessary to deal with pre-school children.
Who should attend?
- Homemakers – Who seek to begin their career as a pre & primary teacher in schools.
- Career Changer – Switching careers from hard core corporate world to this extremely rewarding profession and maintaining a balance between their professional life and personal life.
- Active Teachers – Upgrade and polish your skills.
- Entrepreneurs – Planning to start a new school will find this course extremely useful.
- Aspiring Teachers – Who believe that they can make a difference in the lives of children and can inspire them to show the possibilities of life, with love, care and guide them.
The minimum qualification for admission into the Nursery teacher training programme is 10th or 10 +2 schooling.
Course Objectives for the learners/student teachers-
- To develop an understanding of principles and processes of various aspects of a child’s growth and plan educational activities accordingly.
- To understand Early Childhood Care and education.
- To familiarize with methods, equipment and material of early childhood care and education with their effective use.
- Understand the importance of Health and Nutrition in early years.
- Be aware of the role of parents and community in education of pre-school and early primary school children.
- To understand the various tools and techniques of child study.
- To organise, plan and implement school programmes.
- To develop the necessary ability and attitude towards acquiring not only knowledge but also the basic skills of the profession
- To supplement the demand of ever-expanding job market.
What will you learn in this course
- Child Psychology and Child Development.
- History & Philosophy of Preschool Education.
- Preschool Organization and Child Care & Health.
- Principles of Education.
- Elementary Educational Psychology.
- Methods and Materials of Educating Children.
- Developing Art Material.
- Communicative English.
Age: 2 To 10 Years
Our Day Care comes with the most modern facilities and has been designed to provide a facility for parents who would like to see their child be comfortable and safe, while they are at their workplaces. Every arrangement has been made to make the kids feel at home.
We follow the highest standards of hygiene and have caretakers who engage the kids in various programs. They also provide stimulus for lot of activities. The kids also get to enjoy themselves through outdoor games and other activities that the preschool children get to enjoy.
Crayons Pre School
No. 89, 80 feet main road,
Chandra Layout, Vijayanagar,
Bengaluru 560 040
Monday to Friday
9.30 am – 12.30 pm
Saturday & Sunday Holiday
Monday to Friday
12:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday holiday